Before you make a move and transform a platonic relationship into a sexual relationship, you would typically want to make sure she is already sexually attracted to you. There’s no point rushing in now and risking your friendship and your chance to date a girl that you like if she’s not yet ready to make the transition.
To check if your friend is ready to become your girlfriend, watch out for these signs that she’s falling for you:
1. She calls you and talks to you on the phone for hours. This says a lot about the level of comfort that you have achieved with each other. If she’s calling you more and more often and you find yourself chatting with her till the wee hours of the morning, you’ve got a real connection going on between the two of you. Definitely a good sign that she sees you as more than just a friend.
2. She gets jealous when you talk about other girls or when she sees you approaching other girls. She won’t come right out and admit it. After all, she knows that she has no right to get jealous. But she will let you know how annoyed she is by ignoring you for a while or avoiding you when she sees you with another girl.
3. She suddenly becomes very sensitive. Perhaps you are used to treating her like one of the boys and you like to tease her a lot. Suddenly, she becomes unusually sensitive to your comments and wonders if you are half serious when you tease her, especially if you tease her about her appearance.
4. She starts dressing up more femininely. If she begins to pay more attention to how she looks, she might be trying to remind you that she is a girl.
5. She never misses a chance to spend time with you, especially if it’s just the two of you. If she’s almost always free to accompany you, if she changes her plans or moves her schedule around just to be able to hang out with you, that’s a definite sign she likes you.
6. She mentions you a lot to her friends. Girls cannot help but talk about a guy they like or quote them on something they said. So if you learn from her friends that she’s quoting you a lot or mentions your name a lot, that’s your green light to make your move.
7. She expects you to do things that boyfriends normally do, like bring her home or hanging out just the two of you. If you normally do these things for her, the tell tale sign to watch out for is how she will react if you miss any of these tasks. If she’s cool about it, then she’s a good friend. But if she suddenly turns ice cold, there’s definitely something going on.
8. She tries to get good with your family. When girls like a guy, they want to impress not just the guy, but his family as well. She’ll be especially nice to his siblings or to his mom and act really warmly around his family to make sure they have a good opinion of her.
9. She asks you to give a remark on her appearance or on how well she’s doing. When friends ask each other for an opinion, they really want to know your honest opinion. But when a girl likes a guy, she asks for an opinion and expects to get an affirmation. So when she starts phrasing her questions where you have no choice but to agree with her or to praise her, then that means your approval is becoming more and more valuable to her.
10. She touches you more often. A good indication that a girl is falling for you is if she touches you more frequently or stands really close to you more often. If you notice this, then you should definitely ask her to be your girlfriend.