These days, a lot of things can be done online. Technology has made it much easier for people to explore their interests without having to actually go out. You can search for information online, buy things online, stay in touch with family and friends online… you can even meet women online.
Depending on your goals for meeting women online, there are a lot of sites that you can use as a platform for making new social connections. There are dating sites that you can join whether you are looking for a sexual encounter, an affair or something more serious. Some of these sites even have programs that will help you screen their database to find women that you are compatible with.
There are definitely a lot of advantages when you meet women online. For one, after putting up a nice profile picture, you don’t have to worry about how your look or present yourself just yet. It’s a fantastic opportunity to meet women even if you are shy or not that particularly great at conversation. In a chat, you’ll actually have time to think about and compose your answers.
Meeting women online is also cheaper than going out on a real date. This means you don’t spend money on a fancy dinner until you’re somewhat sure that you’re with a girl who likes you back.
In an online dating site, you get to choose who you talk to. You have access to the profiles of women and you choose who you like best. When it’s time to finally meet up, the relationship that you have already established in the chat rooms of the dating site will make a face to face meeting much less daunting.
Now that you see what a great opportunity there is to meeting women online, the next question is how to do it. Here are some steps to make sure your online experience in meeting women goes down smoothly:
- Choose the right dating site. There are lots of dating sites these days, and each one caters to a different need or niche. Before signing up, research a bit into the sites to find out what kind of “relationships” these sites are promoting.
- Subscribe to a free trial. Once you’ve narrowed down your choices, sign up for a trial account. A trial account allows you to get a feel for the site and the choices that it offers. This will allow you to start mingling and see if the site really is what it’s propped up to be.
- Create your profile. This will be your ID. Make it attractive and make it look good. But as a form of precaution, be careful of the information you give out. You don’t want to put information like your real address or your phone number in public display. What you would like to put in would be interesting bits about yourself such as your hobbies.
- Initiate chats with as many prospects as possible. Of course, don’t do this all at once. The idea is to meet a lot of women. The more you meet, the easier it will be to find those that fit the criteria of what you are looking for. Keep in mind that a significant portion of the women you chat with may not turn out to be a person you’d like to actually meet. So cast the net wide and then separate the good catch.
- Ask the right questions. The nice thing about chatting is you can ask questions about the other person you normally don’t ask on a first date. Direct questions such as “are you single?”, “what are you looking for in a guy?”, and “what do you normally do for fun?”. And just because you can be more direct, doesn’t mean that you can’t be TOO direct even for online chat. So be sensitive to the person you’re chatting with.
- Acquaint yourself with online lingo. Learn the common acronyms used in chats such as IM for internet message, ASL for age/sex/location, LOL for laugh out loud, IMO for in my opinion, S2R for send to receive (for photos, this means the speaker will send a photo of himself after the other party sends their picture first).
- Setting up future encounters. If you’ve chatted with a woman that has potential, what should you do next? It may be too early to set up a face to face meeting after just one chat. What you want to do is schedule more chat sessions and get to know each other better. Ask to add her to your buddy list. Down the road, maybe you can exchange photos, email addresses and phone numbers. How fast or how slowly you take it will depend on the level of trust and comfort you’ve established with each other online.